Muffins. Bread. Mini Muffins. You can pour this batter into pretty much any baking vessel and as long as you adjust the cooking time, they'll never fail. Always the most tender, moist, delicious result with just the right amount of sweet and cinnamony balance. And they're "healthy" because... bananas.
Yield: 12 muffins, 1 loaf of bread, or 48 mini muffins
Time: 15 minutes to an hour (depending on which form of goodness you make)
Cooking level: Beginner
3-4 large bananas, very ripe
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp baking soda
1/2-3/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Grease your loaf pan/muffin tin, or use muffin liners
3. In a large bowl, mash bananas until they're completely broken down
4. Add butter, salt, cinnamon, vanilla, and egg and stir to combine.
5. Stir in flour, baking soda, and chocolate chips until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
6. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean:
Loaf pan - 55 to 60 minutes
Muffins - 30-35 minutes minutes
Mini Muffins - 15-20 minutes
7. Cool completely on a baking rack. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days... if they last that long.