Crispy and cheesy on the outside. Creamy and tender on the inside. These zucchini bites are an all-star sidekick to any meal.
Time: 20 minutes
Cooking level: Beginner
3 medium Zucchini
2 eggs, beaten
¼ cup Flour
1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
½ cup Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp Salt
½ tsp Pepper
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
Fresh lemon juice
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Preheat oven to 425° and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Drizzle parchment with EVOO.
2. Slice Zucchini into ½ inch thick rounds.
3. Combine Panko, Parmesan, S&P, and Italian seasoning together in a large bowl or dish.
4. Put beaten Eggs and Flour into their own bowls.
5. Zip each Zucchini slice into flour, then egg, then Panko mixture, pressing to make sure it’s covered completely.
6. Place breaded zucchini in a single layer on prepared baking sheets, spreading out as much as possible.
7. Drizzle Zucchini with Olive Oil.
8. Bake for 10 minutes, flip, and bake for another 10 minutes.
9. Remove from oven when Zucchini is golden brown and tender.
10. Finish with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.