The trick is to boil the potatoes first, drain well, then shake vigorously in the pot to rough up the edges. Those edges give you the crispiest roasted potatoes every single time. Great as a dinner side, with eggs for breakfast, afternoon snack, midnight snack. No judgement from me.
Time: 45 minutes
Cooking level: Beginner
4 large Russet Potatoes
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
2 TBS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Preheat oven to 425° and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Peel potatoes and cut into 1 inch cubes.
3. Add potatoes to a pot and cover with water.
4. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Drain potatoes and return to the same pot with the burner off. Leave them to dry out in the hot pot for 5 minutes.
6. Season (liberally) with S&P and seasonings. Potatoes need lots of salt! Put lid on pot and shake potatoes vigorously to rough up the edges. Drizzle with EVOO and shake again.
7. Spread potatoes in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Make sure not to crowd them, or they'll steam instead of getting golden brown and crispy.
8. Bake for 15 minutes, flip potatoes, and return to oven for another 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crispy.