This 30 minute meal is quick, easy, and delicious. It’s one of my favorite week night dinners to throw together when I don’t have a lot of time. Sweet, tangy honey mustard with smoky, crispy bacon and bubbly cheese on top. Yeah. I know.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Cooking level: Beginner
4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
8 Slices Bacon
3/4 cup Dijon Mustard
3/4 cup Honey
1 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
¼ cup Olive Oil
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 TBS fresh Rosemary Leaves, chopped
4 slices Swiss Cheese (can substitute with shredded)
1. For marinade, whisk together Mustard, Honey, Vinegar, Olive Oil, Garlic, Rosemary, and S&P. Pour half of the marinade into a resealable bag, and reserve the other half.
2. Add chicken to marinade in bag and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Add bacon to baking sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes, until partially cooked but not crispy. Drain bacon on paper towels and set aside to cool. Line baking sheet with a new piece of parchment paper.
5. Remove Chicken from marinade and place on baking sheet. Wrap each chicken breast with two pieces of bacon, securing with a toothpick and placing seam side down on the baking sheet.
6. Bake chicken for 10 minutes, then remove from oven and brush with reserved marinade. Bake for another 10 minutes, brush again, top each piece with cheese, then return to oven until chicken reaches 165°, about 10 minutes longer.
7. Carefully remove toothpicks and serve with a side of veggies and rice.