The magic is in this marinade. It will turn any cut of steak into the most tender, delicious, melt in your mouth bite you've ever tasted. Promise.
Time: 8 Hours (including marinade time)
Cooking level: Easy
2 lbs Sirloin or Strip Steak (4 steaks, 8 oz each)
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
3 cloves Garlic, smashed
2 tsp Italian Seasoning
1 TBS Red Wine Vinegar
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
1 TBS Brown Sugar
2 TBS Montreal Steak Seasoning
Freshly cracked black pepper
1. Add all marinade ingredients to mason jar and shake well to combine.
2. Put steaks in a ziplock bag, pour marinade in, and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
3. Remove steaks from marinade one hour before cooking and bring to room temperature. Pat dry to remove excess marinade, rub with olive oil, and sprinkle with a little more S&P.
4. Preheat oven to 425° and put a large cast iron pan in the oven to heat at the same time. If you don't have a cast iron pan, just heat a large oven proof pan over medium high heat before adding steaks to pan.
5. When oven is hot, remove cast iron pan and place over medium high heat.
6. Sear steaks for 2 minutes, flip and cook for another 2 minutes, flip once more and put back in the oven.
7. Roast for 8 minutes or until desired doneness*, flipping once halfway through.
8. Remove to a plate and cover loosely with foil for 10 minutes to rest.
9. Slice against the grain for the most tender steak.
*Temperature guides for steak:
Medium rare: 125° - 135°
Medium: 135° - 140°
Medium well: have a hamburger.