Who doesn't love stuffed mushrooms? Savory little bites of heaven, stuffed to the brim with molten hot cheese and sprinkled with crispy breadcrumbs. These are packed with tender sweet bay scallops, but you can use whatever seafood you have on hand. Shrimp, clams, salmon. Change up the veggies. Use different cheeses. There are no rules in stuffed mushroom land.
Time: 45 minutes
Cooking level: Beginner
6 oz Bay Scallops
1 10-oz. package mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed and reserved
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 gloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup onion, minced
2 TBS butter
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
2 TBS fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 tsp lemon zest
Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 400° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Heat a large saute pan with olive oil over medium high heat.
3. Pat scallops dry, season with S&P, and cook for 1-2 minutes a side. Squeeze with fresh lemon juice and remove to a plate to cool. Cut into bite sized pieces.
4. Add 2 TBS butter to saute pan. Finely chop mushroom stems. Saute mushroom stems and onion until golden brown, 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and add cream cheese, parmesan cheese, parsley and breadcrumbs. Stir to combine. Add cooked scallops and mix well.
6. Use a spoon to stuff each mushroom cap with scallop mixture. Drizzle stuffed mushrooms with olive oil and bake for 25-30 minutes until mushrooms are tender and filling is golden brown.